Summer means it’s time for school to be over for the year and children playing outdoors. With the activities of the summer season it is important to keep several basic safety practices in mind. Much effort has been put forth to inform of the importance to protect our skin from the potential damaging rays of the sun. Remember to use sun screen, sun block or whatever you choose. Other reminder are:
- When taking road trips make sure everyone is wearing seat belts.
- Make sure infants and toddlers are in appropriate car seats.
- Be aware of the dangers of heatstroke and keep hydrated.
- NEVER leave children or pets alone in a parked vehicle.
- Parents – make sure you know where your children are at all times.
- Children – tell your parents where you are going and never trust strangers.
- Always be careful at campfires, by lakes, pools and water activities.
- When playing sports, be sure to wear protective gear.
- Be careful while mowing the lawn or operating any equipment.
- When riding a bike on the road, ride in the direction of traffic.
- When walking on a road, always face oncoming traffic.
- Use a repellent while outdoors to defend against bug bites.
Have a great summer!
Enjoy your favorite summer events and always Be Safe