Christmas is a sacred day when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. The observation is characterized in several different ways, based upon religious principles. It is customary during this time of the year for people to exchange gifts and food, assist the disadvantaged or contribute to charitable organizations. Christmas is one of the first known holidays that has been observed for years all over the world. Many people enjoy the season by spending time with family and friends. Other decorate to suit their mood and by using symbols such as Christmas Trees, mythical figures like Santa Claus or by displaying an impressive assortment of ornaments and festive lights.
Check out these fun and interesting facts about Christmas:
- Christmas trees are also known as the Yule-tree.
- Christmas trees were first decorated with food, like apples, nuts & berries.
- Decorating Christmas trees first originated in Germany.
- Alabama was the first state in the U.S. to declare Christmas a legal holiday.
- Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in 1895.
- Santa keeps two lists for boys and girls. One list is for good children, who get toys and candy. The other list is for naughty children who get coal.
- Rudolph is considered Santa’s 9th reindeer.
- If you write Santa a letter and take it to the post office, Santa will use Christmas magic to pick it up and take it to his workshop at the North Pole.
- Three towns in the U.S. are named Santa Claus. They are located in Georgia, Arizona and Indiana.
WE WISH EVERYONE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!